1. Inquiry into, what are some of the social issues that can be caused by population change?
2. Case Studies: Nigeria, Detroit USA
1. Finish Global Population Change with your group
2. Add vocabulary term: refugee
3. Activity: Choose your own escape route, Syrian refugee- see Google Classroom
4. Case Study Yemeni refugees in South Korea- see Google Classroom
5. Article annotation with Kami
6. Short Response: What solutions can South Korea seek to balance the size of the current populations and the situation of refugees from Yemen?
1. Discussion: What processes contribute to population change?
2. Vocab terms to add: migration, emigration, immigration
3. Work with a partner activity: The Pattern of Global Population Change
4. Did you submit your Living Longer Article?
1. Organize Strand iii: Use methods to collect and record relevant information
2. Final day for class work time for the article- due Friday, Sep. 20 @ 4pm
Before you submit:
1. Welcome back to I&S!
2. Continue collecting and recording (on your note taking document)
3. Review ways to title or begin an article- see models links below
1. Edits to methods based on peer feedback
2. Complete action plan
3. Begin collecting and recording with note taking document- use a separate document for note taking
1. Review parts of a methodology:
3. Begin action plan