1. Finish Life Expectancy Map questions and self-assess
2. Investigation about Living Longer- See Google Classroom
1. Connect back to Friday's class. What did we do?
2. Self- assess against Criterion A, What feedback would you give yourself?
3. Watch video on Kami in Google Classroom + add extension
4. Read and annotate article in Google Classroom
5. Discuss: What do you think might be some reasons for the slow population growth before 1804? Why do you think the rate of population growth has increased?
6. Life Expectancy Map- See Google Classroom
1. We have new seats!
2. Continue the gallery walk with maps
As IB learners we strive to be inquirers- we nurture our curiosity, developing skills for inquiry and research.
1. Debrief the Gallery Walk- Where do we go from here?
2. Launch the unit: Where are all the people?
3. What has been the pattern of global population change?
4. Pass out notebooks, create vocabulary taxonomy: birthrate, death rate, densely populated, sparsely populated
5. Gallery Walk with maps
6. Activity on Population
1. Classroom Design Gallery Walk:
1. Wrap up infographics and display
2. Continue Preparing the classroom for the year
3. Create file folders to store paper-based learning resources
1. Continue with 'All About Me' Infographic