Welcome back! What good things happened to you over the winter break?
1. So far, we have examined monarchies around the world, and noted how they have evolved over time. Now let's transition to another form of government.
What is democracy?
2. Table Activity: Read and discuss the quotes on your table. What are the messages communicated about democracy?
3. Read and annotate
4. Find a Newsela article connected to 'democracy' to print, read, and annotate
5. Reflect: Think about everything you know and have learned about how democracy works, and what else you would like to know. Record your thoughts on the white board.
6. Begin Homework- see Google Classroom (Due on Friday)